4 new dwellings, Takely, Essex
These new properties take pride of place on an acquired pieces of garden land following a project where speedy completion was a must.
Delivered at a build cost of around £160/per sq.ft the dwellings have a total floor area ranging between 1,200 sq.ft and 1,800 sq.ft
New World Architectural was required to gain a number of additional planning approvals to the original consented scheme to increase the market value of the properties, saleability and to generally optimise the site’s potential.
For optimum thermal values, the properties were constructed predominantly from timber frame with an outer skin of blockwork and a brick plinth. This type of construction allowed rapid erection times with each building watertight within a four-week period.
Designed to ensure low maintenance, the properties feature permeable resin driveways and paths, wild meadow flower frontages and are not only sustainable in their construction but are located in an area providing good transport links, public play areas and local shops.
- Delivery of electronic drawings to facilitate competitive quotations for building items such as block and beam, timber frame and roofing system products
- Planning approval and discharge of conditions achieved
- Full building regulation consent from the council achieved
- Applications for utility services
- Preparation of lighting and heating schematics