The Chapel, Clavering, Essex
This beautiful five-bedroom development blends the character of a historic building with all the 21st century mod cons perfectly.
In collaboration with a private developer, New World Architectural supported in converting a chapel building in Essex’s Hill Green conservation area into an enviable luxury residential property.
The chapel was originally constructed in 1844 and as a result enabling repair work was required in order to stabilise the existing building for its future use and to allow site work to progress safely.
The project included a two-storey extension, a side extension and a challenging basement dig out to facilitate a leisure and relaxation area comprising a gym, cinema room and games room with a bar and pool table.
Planning stages of this project included basement tanking, new frame extensions and detailing of all oak work including trusses and upgrading of the existing building to comply with current building regulations.
- Planning consultancy throughout the project
- Detailed planning and construction drawings
- Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP ratings) and sustainability assessments